SonicFileFinder is a free add-in for Visual Studio that allows a fast and convenient search for any file within every Project of the loaded Solution by entering the complete filename or just a part of it. The found file(s) can either be edited with a single keystroke or a Windows Explorer / CommandLine prompt can be opened at the file's location.
Version 2.0 is quite a big feature release. Besides all the new features, the performance has been increased drastically.
Note: SonicFileFinder now requires .NET Framework 3.5 to run!
- ADDED: In Visual Studio 2008 the keyboard shortcut, for starting the search with SonicFileFinder, will now work in the source code view of the HTML editor.
- ADDED: Unwanted files can now be excluded from the search using the same search language in the new exclusion field.
- ADDED: The order, in which the columns of SonicFileFinder are sorted, is now being displayed underneath the result list.
- ADDED: The font size used in SonicFileFinder can now be adjusted using the configuration dialog or hotkeys.
- ADDED: Files using a designer, like WinForms, will now be displayed in design view when opening them with SonicFileFinder. (Code view can be forced using the context menu.) Sadly this won't work for C++ projects and there seems to be no way to fix this.
- ADDED: The number of found files is now displayed in the title of the popup/tool window.
- ADDED: The history of files opened/explored with SonicFileFinder can now be saved between sessions.
- ADDED: SonicFileFinder will now detect changes (file added/renamed/removed) in Visual Studio 2008 Website projects.
- CHANGED: Significantly improved performance while searching.
- FIXED: The sorting of the columns in the result list is now saved between sessions.
- FIXED: The crashing of SonicFileFinder, which should have been fixed in Version 1.9.1, reappeared in some special cases and should have been fixed now.
Download it on the SonicFileFinder website.
Update: If you get the following error message, please download SonicFileFinder again.
Don’t forget: If you like SonicFileFinder, you might want to take a look at my amazon wishlists (US, UK, Germany).